Building and Construction General On-site Award 2010
The Building and Construction General On-site Award 2010 is an industry award that applies to national system employers throughout Australia who are in the on-site building, engineering and civil construction industry and their employees in the classifications within Schedule B of the award.
For these employers and employees, this award applies to the exclusion of any other modern award. As this industry is so broad, with a considerable number of sectors and job types, it is useful to identify those who will fall outside the Building and Construction General On-site Award 2010.
The following will not be covered by the Building and Construction General On-site Award 2010:
Employees covered by:
- The Electrical, Electronic and Communications Contracting Award 2010
- The Plumbing and Fire Sprinklers Award 2010
- The Manufacturing and Associated Industries and Occupations Award 2010
- The Joinery and Building Trades Award 2010
- The Black Coal Mining Industry Award 2010;
- The Mining Industry Award 2010, or
- The Quarrying Award 2010.
Types of work to which the Building and Construction General Onsite Award 2010 applies.
The award applies to on-site building, engineering and civil construction industry employers and employees. This means those within the industry of general building and construction, civil construction and metal and engineering construction, in all cases undertaken on site.
The Building and Construction General On-site Award 2010 defines the building, engineering and civil construction industry in three units:
The works associated with these three units respectively include:
- Construction, alteration, extension, restoration, repair, demolition or dismantling of buildings of structures or works undertaken by employees of employers under the award.
- Site clearance, earth-moving, excavation, site restoration, landscaping and the provision of car parks and other access works associated with the above works.
- Installation in any building, structure or works of fittings and services.
- Construction, repair, maintenance or demolition of:
- Civil and/or mechanical engineering projects
- Power transmission, light, television, radio, communication, radar, navigation, observation towers or structures
- Power houses, chemical plants, hydrocarbons and/or oil treatment plants or refineries
- Sports and/or entertainment complexes.
- Road-making and the manufacture or preparation, applying, laying or fixing of bitumen emulsion, asphalt emulsion, bitumen or asphalt preparations, hot pre-mixed asphalt, cold paved asphalt and mastic asphalt.
- Any of the following when undertaken or carried out at construction site or in connection with civil construction work:
- Dredging or sluicing work.
- Testing of soil, concrete and aggregate.
- Traffic management.
- Construction and/or establishment of landscape gardens (but this award does not apply to the maintenance or horticultural establishment work that may take place at completion of a project or contract of works).
Metal trades work performed in the work of construction, fabrication, erection and/or installation, carried out at a construction site specifically established for the purposes of constructing, fabricating, erecting and/or installing any of the following:
- Power stations, oil refineries, terminals and depots, chemical, petro-chemical and hydrocarbon plants, and plant facilities and equipment.
- Major industrial and commercial undertakings and associated plant, plant facilities and equipment.
- Plant, plant facilities and equipment in connection with the extraction, refining and/or treatment of minerals, chemicals.
- Transmission and similar towers, transmission lines and associated plant, plant facilities and equipment.
- Lifts and escalators associated with metal and engineering construction work.
- Facilities and equipment in other engineering projects.
- Maintenance and/or repair and/or servicing work carried out on-site by the employees of contractors or subcontractors in connection with contracts for on-site construction work.
For further information or assistance contact the FWBC Hotline on 1800 003 338.
Hotline: 1800 003 338
7:00am - 5:00pm Monday to Friday